The principal sectors within commercial real estate are retail, office, industrial and leisure. Your key areas of activity can include purchase, sale and leasing of real estate, property and asset management, landlord and tenant relationships, telecommunications, valuation, property investment advice, development appraisals and real estate finance and funding.
To become a Chartered Member on the Commercial Real Estate pathway, you will be assessed against three Core Competencies and four of the Optional Competencies.
- Inspection (Level 3).
- Measurement (Level 2).
- Valuation (Level 2).
Optional Competencies: three to Level 3
- Accounting principles and procedures or Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution or Data management or Sustainability
- BIM management
- Building pathology
- Capital taxation
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Contaminated land
- Corporate recovery and insolvency
- Development appraisals
- Indirect investment vehicles
- Investment management
- Landlord and tenant
- Leasing and letting
- Legal/regulatory compliance
- Loan security valuation
- Local taxation/assessment
- Planning and development management
- Property finance and funding
- Property management
- Purchase and sale
- Strategic real estate consultancy
Plus one to Level 3 or two to Level 2 from either the Core Competencies or Optional Competencies.
For further advice on the Commerical Pathway please register your details here and one of Commercial team will be in touch